[rt-users] why the owner of the ticket is nobody and not the requestor

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Tue Feb 12 10:14:02 EST 2002

On Tue, 12 Feb 2002, LEBRETON Philippe wrote:

> how i can change automatically the owner when i create a tickets.
> I want that the owner is te requestor end not nobody.

The default is to assume that a given RT queue is open to anyone, thus the
creator of the ticket (the requestor) is, quite likely, not the person who
will be dealing with the ticket (a possible owner).

Assuming that you have an internal queue where the only people who can
create tickets are also the people who can own tickets, then you could
define a Scrip to change the ownership of a ticket to the owner.

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations