[rt-users] Users Changing User Passwords

Glenn Sieb ges at lumeta.com
Mon Feb 18 17:06:16 EST 2002

Good evening everyone! I'm a fairly-new-to-RT administrator, and have just
managed to get RT 2 up and running (YAY)... now I have a question or three :)

Users can't seem to change their own passwords. I see in the FAQ that it
says to give them the "ModifySelf" right. I gather I need to do this with
rtadmin, but the syntax isn't too clear. I've tried:

rtadmin --user ges --grant-right ModifySelf
(with no reply or change)

rtadmin --user ges ModifySelf
(with no reply or change)

rtadmin --user ges +odifySelf
(with no reply or change)

Since I can't seem to find a manpage on rtadmin, I thought I'd sign on and
ask people here for some assistance... :)

Oh--second question... this is the doozy... people in my company are
*adamant* about not liking cookies. Can anyone point me in the right
direction for configuring RT2 to not use cookies for authentication?

AdvaTHANKSnce!
Glenn

---
Glenn E. Sieb, System Administrator