[rt-users] Hi all, installation woes

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Thu Feb 21 04:11:54 EST 2002

Gary Stainburn wrote:

> The latest in the saga, is that if I access this new box using
> http://rt.ringways.co.uk I get the problem described below, but if I use the
> host's real name http://gary.ringways.co.uk, RT starts working and I can use
> it.

We are having an out of the box RH 7.2 machine as well, so I don't think
the error os with the distribution this time.

> I've included the whole of the vhost entry in case anyone can see the problem.

You need VirtualHost entries for rt.ringways.co.uk and
gary.ringways.co.uk as well, if You want it all to work properly. In our
setup, it looks like this:

[snip]
<VirtualHost rt.fcb-wilkens.com>
    DocumentRoot /opt/rt2/WebRT/html
    ServerName rt.fcb-wilkens.com
    ErrorLog logs/error_log_rt
    CustomLog logs/access_log_rt combine
    PerlModule Apache::DBI
    PerlFreshRestart On
    PerlRequire /opt/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
        <Location />
            SetHandler perl-script
            PerlHandler RT::Mason
        </Location>
        <Location /chart>
                SetHandler perl-script
                PerlHandler +Apache::GD::Graph
        </Location>
</VirtualHost>
[snip]

Regards,
	Harald

--
Harald Wagener      |                           Systemadministrator
FCB/Wilkens GmbH    |                         Tel.:+49-40-2881-1252