[rt-users] Changing the database backend

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Thu Feb 21 04:20:07 EST 2002

"Swayne, Mark A" wrote:

> I'm running into a problem getting buyin from my employer on RT due to the
> choice of Database backend.  So I am trying to get an idea of what will be
> required to use Sybase with RT.
>
> As far as I can tell, it looks like I need to have DBD::Sybase installed,
> and I need to subclass DBIx::Datasource::Driver, to create a Sybase driver.
>
> Is there anything else I am missing?  Is this stupid to even consider?
>
> TIA,
>
> --Mark

I am sure Jesse would be willing to adapt RT to support Sybase. He'd be
the right person for it. Contact him at sales at bestpractical.com (-:

Regards,
	Harald

PS: What is the problem with MySQL/PostgreSQL ?

--
Harald Wagener      |                           Systemadministrator
FCB/Wilkens GmbH    |                         Tel.:+49-40-2881-1252