[rt-users] delete ticket

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Wed Feb 27 04:06:24 EST 2002

On Wed, 27 Feb 2002, Grega Milcinski wrote:

> I noticed option "delete ticket" in RT's FAQ and manuals, but I cannot find
> it on RT.
> Does anybody know, how to enable it?

The base system of RT does not support the removal of content from the
database.  There was (at some point in time) a script to perform
irreversible deletes of tickets with 'dead' status which may be what you
are looking for, but you will have to search through the list archives to
find its reference.

Note:  Unless you know what you are doing, do not perform manual or
scripted deletes from the database.  Bad, unspecified and greatly horrible
things will happen to you.

Regards,

              Avoid handing people possible                             NCC
                instruments of destruction.                      Operations