[rt-users] install problems

Bob Apthorpe arclight at jump.net
Sun Jan 6 13:45:20 EST 2002

Hi,

Are only the RT pages breaking or is Apache having problems in
general? I've traced segfaults in Apache back to problems with
/etc/hosts so the cause could be almost anything. I've had limited
success using strace to watch systems calls; as previous posts
have shown, you get a lot of information and it takes some digging
(and a fair bit of experience[1]) to ferret out clues to a process'
demise.

It's a gory, up-to-your-elbows-in-muck approach but it beats second-
guessing Apache error logs.

-- Bob

[1] Experience that I'm in the process of getting.