[rt-users] rt2.0.9 times out/segfaults

Calvin Browne calvin at pear.orange-tree.alt.za
Sun Jan 6 15:16:15 EST 2002

> Hi,
>
> This is the part where I sheepishly admit that this is where I start guessing how C and/or unix works. The process reminds me
> of reconstructing an airplane crash by spreading out all the pieces in big warehouse and trying to figure out why the plane
> suddenly decided to not be airworthy anymore.
>
> On 6 Jan 2002, at 12:31, Calvin Browne wrote:

Grin - in the same boat as you here.

what bugs me is that I have 10 or so other people who can
use rt fine, and this seems to be to be related to
just my user login.
Looking at the trace, I'd suspect the database, but I've
rebuilt indexes, vacuumed and done all the things that normally
you'd normally do to address that.

I'm going to setup 2.0.11 from scratch, re-import the database into
that and see where that takes me.

Maybe its a postgresql related thing?
(the trace doesn't reveal enough of the actual queries though :( ).

--Calvin

 Calvin Browne calvin at UniForum.org.za c at lvin.co.za
               Office phone: 080 314 0077        +27 11 314-0077
               http://orange-tree.alt.za Mobile: +27 83 303-0663
               Call me for Linux/Internet consulting