[rt-users] reports for Pete's sake

Greg Boug gboug at unico.com.au
Wed Jan 9 21:57:35 EST 2002

> A few people asking about reports and only one even got a reply.

What reporting are you after exactly? The system can be setup to
provide some reporting through the web interface, and I presume the
command line interface can do it as well (though I have never actually
used it for that)

> And that reply was "look at ftp.fsck.com" which is not even accepting
> ftp connections at this time.

FTP server has been offlined permanently afaik... Think there was
an announcement about it not long ago...

> I need reporting capability. I thought it existed but obviously I
> didn't do enough research before deploying rt.

Well, if the current setup doesn't do what you need, remember it is
all off a SQL database... No reason why you can't pull together
info using a couple of choice SQL statements and some form of script
to pull it all together into a readable report...

There might be something in contrib that does what you want too... If
not, be a nice chap and send your report scripts to Jesse so they can
be incorperated into a future release in some fashion... ;-)

Greg