[rt-users] RT-2.0.10 : rt-mailgate with external data source.

Kristopher Lalletti kris at eclipseci.com
Wed Jan 16 12:39:04 EST 2002

I'm trying to get rt-mailgate to work with an external data source
defined in my config.pm.

Here's what I have, notice that I'm using the stock configuration, and
sending email from a valid email address, and I still get the error "RT
couldn't find requestor via its external database lookup".

One question, just to make sure I have my variables right..
$params{'Name'} is the UserName right?
$params{'EmailAddress'} is the Email field.
$params{'RealName'} is the RealName field.

So, in principle, if I hardcode my %params with some static information
like.
$params{'Name'} = "kris";
$params{'EmailAddress'} = "kris\@eclipseci.com";
$params{'RealName'} = "Kristopher Lalletti";

It should recognize me as when I login into the gui with the userid kris
and my secret password... Right?

Here's a part of my config.pm:

$LookupSenderInExternalDatabase = 1;
$SenderMustExistInExternalDatabase = 1;

sub LookupExternalUserInfo {
  my ($EmailAddress, $RealName) = @_;

  my $FoundInExternalDatabase = 1;
  my %params = {};

  #Name is the RT username you want to use for this user.
  $params{'Name'} = $EmailAddress;
  $params{'EmailAddress'} = $EmailAddress;
  $params{'RealName'} = $RealName;

  # See RT's contributed code for examples.
  # http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/
  return ($FoundInExternalDatabase, %params);
}