[rt-users] Difference Between CC: and AdminCC:

Darrin Walton darrinw at nixc.net
Thu Jan 17 18:08:26 EST 2002

  |+ How/why do people decide whether a Watcher should CC'd or AdminCC'd?

We typically set 'AdminCC' to our management staff, and have different
scrips setup for them, and 'Watcher' as the general staff.

  |+ I'm just setting RT up, but so far I can't see any functional difference
  |+ between these two catagories - what am I missing?
  |+
  |+ Also, what is a "Transaction" vs. "Correspondence"?

Transaction is basically what it says.  When something happens, changes,
or is altered in the ticket, a transaction is logged, and if you have the
scrip OnTransaction, it sends the mail to match that condition.

Consider this.  If a ticket is changed from 'New' to 'Open'.  That is a
transaction.  If the ticket is closed, thats another transaction.  If a
comment is left in the ticket, theres another transaction, etc.

Correspondence is when you correspond with the person(s) opening the
ticket, etc.