[rt-users] Multiple Change Transaction Resolution Order

Jim Meyer purp at wildbrain.com
Fri Jan 18 15:23:42 EST 2002

Hello!

If this has been asked before I wasn't able to formulate a good enough
search to find it in the archives at lists.fsck.com.

We are often able to resolve newly created tickets instantly; this leads
to a person clicking the "Resolve" link, changing the owner, adding a
reply, and submitting. However, it seems that the change of status to
"resolved" happens before the change of ownership, which means that the
client gets a note stating that their call has been resolved by "Nobody"
followed by the correspondence, and then the notice of ownership change.

What we'd much prefer is that the ownership change happen first,
followed by correspondence being sent, then finally status change to
resolved. In general, I think we'd *always* want ownership change to
happen first.

Is there any way for us to control this?

Thanks!

--j
Jim Meyer, Geek At Large                              purp at wildbrain.com