[rt-users] mysql vs pgsql (in regards to lock contention)

Chris Scott chris at hostorlando.com
Tue Jan 22 07:45:40 EST 2002

Hi Matthew,

Sorry for a reply that doesn't directly answer your question, but...

If you have the time/resources/desire/etc., you could try installing MySQL
4.0 alpha which supports row level locking and import your RT2 database into
it to see how it performs.  It seems like you could have 4.0 run on a
different port and then change your config.pm to the new database,
stop/start apache, and start some benchmarking.

Chris