[rt-users] requestor email adress=rt adress?

Daniel Havlik dh at gocept.com
Tue Jan 22 08:33:08 EST 2002

hi!

first i want to introduce me, as i am new to this list:
my name is daniel havlik, i am co-founder of and working at "gocept gmbh
& co. kg" (www.gocept.com) in köthen/germany. we use RT for general mail
processing and support requests.
so far so good :)
today someone told me that his troubleticketsystem (don't know which)
has died after a massive recursion happened as a customer sent a mail
with reply-to adress set the same as the adress for his tracker.

now my question:
what happens if the email adress of the requestor is the same as the
adress of the RT (and RT is configured to send automatic reply)?
because we use RT in a running environment i am not able to test it.

thanks a lot,

daniel