[rt-users] RT_System opening tickets?

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Tue Jan 22 10:21:54 EST 2002

On Tue, 22 Jan 2002, Rafael Corvalan wrote:

> The ticket will be reopened, great.
> But take a look at this use case (common, at least here):
>
> I resolve a case (I was the owner). 2 days later, I'm in holiday. The
> Requestor reopens the ticket sending a mail, saying the problem is still
> there.
> The ticket is reopened (using you new Scrip or using the current
> feature), but since it's owned by someone that is in holliday... noone
> in the help desk staff will receive a notification (provided I have a
> Scrip that send an e-mail to the owner on correspondance).
> >From my point of view it's not a simple issue...

Urm.  You don't have a scrip:

	OnCorrespond NotifyAdminCcs with template Correspondence

?

That one (suggested by default) notifies all AdminCcs, irrespective of who
owns the ticket.  At least in our situation, it would be very bad for our
ticketing system to only notify the Owners, particularly when the Owner
might not be checking email for the next month.

All that my suggestion does (or should do) is reopen the ticket if
required.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations