[rt-users] mysql vs pgsql (in regards to lock contention)

Darrin Walton darrinw at nixc.net
Tue Jan 22 19:00:09 EST 2002

  |+  Anyone tried mysql with InnoDB tables and RT2?  InnoDB supports
  |+ transactions and row locking (which is what I want) , so i'm not sure how
  |+ rt2 will handle is just slotted in? Anyone?

I can't comment on RT itself, but I have played with InnoDB tables with
other software that I have written in house just for that feature, and
saw no problems.  I didn't have to change any of my code, or make any
huge changes to the database itself, other than to compile InnoDB
support, and create the tables as InnoDB.

-darrin