[rt-users] MORE EXIM PROBLEMS

Remco B. Brink remco at rc6.org
Wed Jan 23 12:28:28 EST 2002

"Steve Mansfield" <slm at getreal.co.uk> writes:

> Trying to install rt-1.0.7

Wjy 1.0.7? Why not RT2 or even the CVS version of RT2?

> onto RH7.1 which has Mysql 3.23.36 and Exim3.34
>
> The install and the web are both fine........it's the mail that is doing my noodle in.
>
> I have trawled through the mailing lists on both fsck.com and exim.org. There are loads of
> items but can i get ANY of the suggestions working???NO

No need to shout, we know how frustrating it can be not to be able to
get things to work the way you want them to work.

> We use an alias file which is located in
> /usr/local/exim/virtual/source/aliases.tracker.getrealsupport.co.uk
>
> This contains an alias for a queue call getreal and looks like:
>
> getreal:    "|/usr/loca/rt/bin/rt-mailgate getreal correspond"
>

> The changes i've made to the exim configure file are too many to mention so i guess i'll just
> include the actual file. The latest was suggested by a friend who uses a similar setup to me.
>

> The exim log says the following when i send mail to the queue:

<snip error>

Does RT work apart from the email queue?
Do you get any error messages from Perl scripts associated with RT?
(If rt-1.0.7 has it), does the "make fixdeps" tell you all necessary
RT packages are installed?

<snip 37 (!) lines of email signature>

regards,
Remco Brink