[rt-users] DB Schema Question

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Wed Jan 23 15:56:53 EST 2002

On 22 Jan 2002, Jim Meyer wrote:

> I was poking through the database schema the other day and noticed in
> the users table that neither the "id" or "name" fields are required to
> be unique, even though RT::User::Create() requires this. Also, it would
> seem that "id" could be of type "serial" as well.

Urm, read http://www.mysql.com/doc/C/R/CREATE_TABLE.html lately ?  id is
primary (uniq) key, and any NULLage you see there is to do auto_increment
properly.  'name' is also defined as a uniq key.

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations