[rt-users] Problems during make test...

RT2 Troubles rt2trouble at morben.ca
Tue Jan 29 12:30:39 EST 2002

I'm just itching to toss in some assistance, since I have just installed
2.0.11 on a RH72 system with much help from this list.

I can say that your error is unique and that you should not be getting that
error if you have normal hardware and a normal install process. My 'normal'
install process is:

- Install RH7.2 as Server with NO addons (not even web)
- DL latest source tarballs of Apache and Mod_Perl to your tmp dir
- Extract both and then compile Mod_Perl using the apache source (RTFM)
- Compile Apache after your done
- Install mysql and test it
- Make sure both are setup in your /etc/rc.d/init.d so they are loading
- Extract rt and then edit the makefile
- Make your users/groups that are specified in the Makefile/Apache config
- Run fixdeps
- When asked make sure you do manual config and give it lots of mirror sites
- If CPAN tries to update Perl just break out with a ctl-c, it's not required
- If some modules don't install try a manual CPAN command
  (under RH72 I *had* to perl -MCPAN -e 'install Apache::DBI')
- Once everything is happy you should be able to install RT and get on to the
hard part of the install.. >:)

I'm so evil..  Muahaha..