[rt-users] Exim alias dilemma

seph seph at commerceflow.com
Thu Jan 31 19:54:43 EST 2002

  Paul Burkett <pburkett at callatg.com> writes:

> It still doesn't work, so I don't need to add anything to me /etc/aliases ?
>
> Also, is there a list of actions, I am trying to send to address
> rt-5e+correspond at localdomain.com is this wrong? Is there an action
> to create a new ticket? Thanks

I don't have a list of actions handy, it's whatever rt-mailgate
supports. I know I've seen it documented somewhere. correspond sounds
like what you want here though.

is your rt installed in /usr/local/rt2? if
/usr/local/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate, you'll have to change the path for it.

is your modded exim.conf on the host that recieves localdomain.com
mail? if it's not, then you will need something to get the mail from
there, over to where the special exim set up is.

for example, mail to commerceflow.com ends up on
mail.commerceflow.com. when I want stuff to get into rt, I add an
entry to mail.commerceflow.com's /etc/aliases, along the lines of:
abuse: rt-abuse+correspond at rt2.commerceflow.com
this sends abuse at commerceflow.com to rt-abuse+correspond at rt2.commerceflow.com
rt2.commerceflow.com has the special exim.conf, which then does the
right magic, and treats is as a correspond transaction in the abuse queue.

seph