[rt-users] Deleting Groups.....

maniezhilan maniezhilan at naturesoft.net
Thu Jul 18 11:12:32 EDT 2002

Dear all,

The below mentioned lines are taken from http://fsck.com/rtfm,    is
that I cannot delete a group which I created.

How do I delete users and groups

           With groups, the lack of a 'delete' button is an oversight
which will be  corrected. With users, it's a bit more complex. For
referential integrity reasons, you can't delete users, but you can
'disable'. Uncheck the "Let this user access RT" option in the WebUI.
Email is still sent to disabled users by scrips (eg if the user created
a ticket, he might get a copy of comments), so
 you may wish to catch this with an email alias to redirect traffic from
departed users. 's a bit more complex. For referential integrity
reasons, you can't delete users, but you can 'disable'. Uncheck the "Let
this  user access RT" option in the WebUI. Email is still sent to
disabled users by scrips (eg if the user created a ticket, he might get
a copy of comments), so you may wish to catch this with an email alias
to redirect traffic from departed users.

Can anyone help me out in deleting the group created by me?

With Regards,

J.Mani Ezhilan