[rt-users] Sending mail from RT.

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Fri Jul 12 09:21:18 EDT 2002

On Thu, 11 Jul 2002, James Satterfield wrote:

> /usr/bin/perl -w /dev/fd/3//usr/local/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate --queue
> ITSUPPORT...
>
> Of particular interest is the /dev/fd/3//usr/local/rt2/bin/rt-mailgate
> What is that /dev/fd/3 all about? It doesn't exist on my system.

As Smylers' states, its a bash/linux file descriptor identifier.
However, you haven't stated where you are getting the '/usr/bin/perl -w
/dev/fd3//...rt-mailgate' line from.

This helps a fair bit in debugging, especially as the subject line does
not match the question.

( and I'm guessing that you're quoting from postfix logs, and as such,
  would suggest that you refer to the postfix documentation, or Smylers'
  comment )

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B             Operations/Security