[rt-users] Getting a little annoyed now

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Sat Jul 13 16:37:21 EDT 2002

On Sat, 13 Jul 2002, Chris Knipe wrote:

> I had one look at it, and I'd rather not say what I think about it.... I
> don't want to start any wars now...
>
> US$1 = ZAR10 (Give or take a few cents).

Robin's point is actually more subtle than that.  The rt-users mailing
list costs you $CURRENCY_OF_CHOICE 0.00, excluding local delivery charges.

This, by extension, implies that the people answering questions on
rt-users are unpaid, and do it out of their goodness of their
$BLOOD_CIRCULATION_DEVICE, as their local time permits.

Providing $INSULTS to the list is really not the best way to receive
$ASSISTANCE->FREE on any $RT matter, especially as $DEBUG hasn't been
adequately done.  $CHILL.

To answer your original question on this topic, you probably have one of
the lib/RT directories (or somewhere on the path) still inaccessible to
the user running rt-mailgate.  This is a common problem when the RT
installation was done as root.

I'd suggest 0755 on all of the directories (root:rt), and 0440 (root:rt)
on config.pm itself.

--
  $NAME( "Campbell, Bruce");         $PGP( "562C8B1B" );
  $ORGANISATION( "RIPE NCC" );