[rt-users] Installing on Redhat 7.2

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Mon Jul 15 11:10:47 EDT 2002

Neil Bingham wrote:

> Hi,

> <snip>
>
> After a week on holiday, and some other useful posts on this list I now have
> an installed combination that doesn't give the Mason errors.  Turns out
> Mason 1.02 and RT 2-0-13 work for me.  Hohum.
>
> However I am now getting Internal Server Errors.  The Apache error log
> gives:
>
> [Mon Jul 15 15:25:12 2002] [error] Connect Failed Can't connect to local
> MySQL server through socket '/tmp/mysql.sock' (2)
>  at /usr/local/rt2/lib/RT.pm line 27
>
> I can connect to the database using the mysql binary and the rt2 username
> and password.  The config file has the correct username and password
> specified (and apache has been stopped and restarted).
>
> I am pretty confidant there isn't a general MySQL problem as we are running
> Bugzilla on this server too.
>
> RT is unfortunately not writing logs to /tmp as per the config file.  The RT
> FAQ seems rather empty on this subject...
>
> TIA,
>
> Neil.

Hello Neil,
in the mysql configuration you can look up where MySQL is creating it's local
communications socket. This is either /tmp/mysql.sock  or
/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock or something around that.

You can easily fix this by either fixing Your mysql setup, or simply create a
link from the real location to /tmp/mysql.sock.

The reason this is not in the RT FAQ is that this really is  a MySQL problem.

Regards,
	Harald

--
Harald Wagener*An der Alster 42*20099 Hamburg*http://www.fcb-wilkens.com