[fsck.com #1548] [rt-users] Installation: No RT user found. Please consult yo ur RT administrator.

Blackstone, J. David jdavid.blackstone at cingular.com
Wed Jul 17 15:25:23 EDT 2002

  Okay, as a workaround I seem to be able to
$ whoami
rt
$ mysql -urt_user -p rt2
mysql> update Users set Gecos = 'rt' where Name = 'root';
mysql> quit
$ rtadmin
... works

  But it's only dumb luck and a lot of scraping (inspired by things
people've said on this list and things I've seen trying to step through the
code) that enabled me to figure that out.  Definitely not something I could
have figured out from the install docs alone, and I'm still not entirely
sure this was what I should have done.

  Basically, when rt installs, it shouldn't assume that the Gecos of the RT
root user is going to be "root," that is, it shouldn't assume I'm going to
install this as root and run the admin tools as root.  Is there a place to
configure this in the Makefile or something before I hit make install?

  Am I the only person who doesn't want to run rt as root?

jdb