[rt-users] adding a Condition

Bob Apthorpe arclight at jump.net
Tue Jul 23 18:27:53 EDT 2002

On Tuesday 23 July 2002 17:06, Bruce Campbell wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Jul 2002, Stuart Krivis wrote:
> > Substitution replacement not terminated at ./insert_condition.pl.1
> > line 57.
> >
> >                          Description =>  'When a ticket's Priority
> > changes',
>
>                                                          ^
>
> > What am I doing wrong? Too stupid to use RT? :-)
>
> Nah, just a basic perlism that caught me twice today.  Single quotes are
> sometimes awkward when you close a string inadvertently.

Semi-Obscure Perl Trick-of-the-Day:

$msg = qq{"This construct's equivalent to double-quotes," he said.\n};

$msg .= q{"This construct's equivalent to single-quotes," she said.};

You can use different delimiters depending on what you need to quote. These
are brutally handy when you don't want to fiddle with escaping literal
quotes. See 'perldoc perlop' for more info.

-- Bob