[rt-users] searching a hint for settiing up rt without tampering with namese rver

christian janssen proftp_cj at kdd.de
Thu Jul 25 02:35:02 EDT 2002

At 08:22 25.07.2002 +0200, Banze, Andreas wrote:
>I don't have full control over the nameserver so getting a subdomain for rt2
>is a task I can't provide.
>
>Does anybody have a hint or even better an example how to set up rt2 on an
>existing server in a directory without the need to have a subdomain
>(http://www.domain.com/tickets/ instead of http://tickets.domain.com)? I
>tried but I'm lost with the mason and mod_perl settings.
>
>MfG
>Andreas Banze

>Have you read the FAQ? The RT FAQ Manager lives at http://fsck.com/rtfm

Hello, try this

regards
Christian

------------
**  httpd.conf

# If the perl module is installed, this will be enabled.
<IfModule mod_perl.c>
Alias /perl/ /var/www/perl/
   <Location /perl>
     SetHandler perl-script
     PerlHandler Apache::Registry
     Options +ExecCGI
   </Location>

     PerlModule Apache::DBI
     PerlFreshRestart On
     PerlRequire /opt/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
   <Location /rt2>
      SetHandler perl-script
      PerlHandler RT::Mason
   </Location>

</IfModule>

Alias /rt2/ /opt/rt2/WebRT/html/

** config.pm
--

# Define the directory name to be used for images in rt web
# documents.

# If you're putting the web ui somewhere other than at the root of
# your server
# $WebPath requires a leading / but no trailing /

#$WebPath = "";
$WebPath = "/rt2";

# This is the Scheme, server and port for constructing urls to webrt
# $WebBaseURL doesn't need a trailing
/

# $WebBaseURL = "http://RT::WebBaseURL.not.configured:80";
$WebBaseURL = "http://10.1.1.100";