[rt-users] Where has all my memory gone!

Ayan R. Kayal ayan.kayal at yale.edu
Thu Jul 25 07:58:18 EDT 2002

I was tinkering around with this number and ended up setting it to 100,
just because occasionally mod_perl slows everything to a crawl. I may
raise it to 500 to see what happens when I have time to test, as
lowering to 100 was a quick and dirty solution. I think originally it
was at 10,000, and that was way too much, because it definitely slows to
a crawl (tons of complaints after a few days of running it).

I believe the seg fault has something to do with compiling mod_perl. I
don't remember if it is a dynamic vs. static issue or what, because it's
been a year since I dealt with it. Maybe someone else can chime in, but
I believe it's in the mail archives as well.

Ayan Kayal
Hmedicine.com, Inc.