[rt-users] Trying to fix a broken install of RT2.0.13

Phil Homewood pdh at snapgear.com
Mon Jul 29 18:45:44 EDT 2002

RT2 Troubles wrote:
> I understand the idea of this discussion group attempting to get everyone to
> buy support before offering assistance.

Actually, it's the other way around. Many people here will offer
assistance if they can; for real hairy stuff, sometimes it makes
more sense to pay for help.

In your case, you seem to have hacked and slashed a fair bit,
beyond what can be simply described to the list. Which means you
probably could benefit from someone taking a look at your own
installation. I doubt you'll find many people offer to go that
far for free.

> I managed to mung things around a bit using the directory tree from a freshly
> de-tared copy of RT.. I have the default scrips showing up and I can build
> scrips properly now, but it still won't send mail when I reply. Another bit
> of evidence is that RT used to say "Correspondence Sent" and stylize the
> action with a special green color when mail was sent. Now it says
> "Correspondence Added" and uses the standard blue color.

Are you sure? I can't see "Correspondence Sent" anywhere in the
history of lib/RT/Transaction.pm; the previous wording appears to
have been 'Mail sent by ". $self->CreatorObj->Name' which was
changed to "Correspondence added" for 2.0.2.

Green vs. Blue distinguishes outbound from inbound correspondence.