[rt-users] make fixdeps not working?

Bob Apthorpe arclight at jump.net
Fri Jun 7 18:41:47 EDT 2002

Install libnet manually and during the setup phase, make sure to say yes if
perl asks if you want to update your configuration, and ensure libnet is set
to always use passive FTP. Active FTP rarely works through firewalls; once
you have libnet set to use passive FTP, a lot of problems go away. There are
ways of manually editing config files to force passive FTP but it's often
simpler to reconfigure libnet during the installation/upgrade process.

-- Bob