[rt-users] Modification of RT 2.0.13 at our site

Alex Weide alex.weide at diasemi.com
Mon Jun 10 10:07:56 EDT 2002

Hi all,

please find attached all customizations I've done for our site
running RT 2.0.13.

Hoping somebody would find this useful and that these would eventually
propagate into future RT releases.

Best regards,
Alex Weide
Dialog Semiconductor GmbH

mailto:alex.weide at diasemi.com

1. Statistic page:

   These files will generate a statistics page for new, open and
   resolved tickets for all (non-pseudo) Resolver groups :

rt2.0.13/local/WebRT/html/ADDONS/New
rt2.0.13/local/WebRT/html/ADDONS/Open
rt2.0.13/local/WebRT/html/ADDONS/Open2
rt2.0.13/local/WebRT/html/ADDONS/Resolved
rt2.0.13/local/WebRT/html/ADDONS/Resolved2
rt2.0.13/local/WebRT/html/ADDONS/index.html

reference to ADDONS is done in this file :
rt2.0.13/local/WebRT/html/Elements/Quicksearch

2. This file will also list the Users' Real Name :

rt2.0.13/local/WebRT/html/Admin/Users/index.html

3. These files will list 50 NEW tickets with owner Nobody and
   put this to the main home page. Purpose is to encourage resolvers
   to work on these tickets ...

rt2.0.13/local/WebRT/html/Ticket/Elements/MyNew
rt2.0.13/local/WebRT/html/index.html

4. Minor modification in layout on main Tabs. Before, a user could easily
   create a ticket in a wrong (default) queue

rt2.0.13/local/WebRT/html/Elements/Tabs
rt2.0.13/local/WebRT/html/Elements/GotoTicket

5. No special/additional watchers to be added in Modify_Ticket/People.
   We would like to just have the default watchers there, and use
   the functionality of rt2.0.13 with notifying special CCs and BCCs
   on a comment and/or reply

rt2.0.13/local/WebRT/html/Ticket/Elements/AddWatchers

6. Some more information posted on the main login screen :

rt2.0.13/local/WebRT/html/Elements/Login

7. Exchanged Oragnization in favour to City for searching Users :

rt2.0.13/local/WebRT/html/Elements/SelectUsers

8. Keywords. (Oh my goodness ! :-))

   We do want the user to fill out keywords upon creation of a ticket.

   The following prerequisite in entering global keywords must be met:

   Any leaf keyword would be entered with a 2 digit number, beginning
   with '00' and immediately followed by a '/' , e.g :

Location
Location 00/Any
Location 01/Headquarter

This mechanism will ease the modifications below :

8a. Enabling Keywords to be displayed in SelfService :

rt2.0.13/local/WebRT/html/SelfService/Display.html

8b. Enabling Keywords to be filled out by Resolvers :

rt2.0.13/local/WebRT/html/Elements/CreateTicket
rt2.0.13/local/WebRT/html/Ticket/Create.html

8c. Enabling Keywords to be filled out with SelfService :

rt2.0.13/local/WebRT/html/SelfService/Create.html

9. Default action we want to have respond instead of comment:

rt2.0.13/local/WebRT/html/Ticket/Elements/Tabs