[rt-users] Web Access for users?

Randy Millis rmillisl at enel.ucalgary.ca
Tue Jun 18 14:14:32 EDT 2002

> On Thu, Jun 13, 2002 at 09:53:22AM -0600, Randy Millis wrote:
>> I looked through the docs and did not find this answer.
>>
>> With RT2 how do I give users access to enter and view their own
>> tickets via the web interface?
>> Must I create accounts / passwords for all users manually or is there
>> a way I can use an authentication service I have (NIS) or clone an
>> existing password file from my NIS host?
>
> I believe this *is* discussed in the docs, but I'm not sure.  It's
> certainly in the list archives.

Appreciate the reply.

There does not seem to be much in the docs on this.

> Regardless, accounts with no password are automatically created when a
> person submits a ticket.  To give them a default password you have to
> hack one of the files.  This has been discussed here about a billion
> times; check the archives.

So the uses is supposed to be able to enter just their e-mail address in
the Web UI login, leave the password field blank and be able to login?
This is not working here.
Assuming they get logged in, can they then change their password?