[rt-users] mod_perl problem?

Robin Lee Powell rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org
Thu Jun 20 13:42:33 EDT 2002

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 12:58:14PM -0400, darren chamberlain wrote:
> * Stephane Bortzmeyer <bortzmeyer at nic.fr> [2002-06-20 12:49]:
> > On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 11:55:43AM -0400,
> >  darren chamberlain <darren at boston.com> wrote
> >  a message of 30 lines which said:
> >
> > > Does httpd -l show mod_perl.c, or are you loading the DSO?  Also, you
> > > might want to consider building the whole thing from source; that way
> > > you can be assured that you have the required parts.  If you go in this
> > > direction, build a new Perl, a new Apache, and all new modules.
> >
> > Completely useless on Debian, RT works fine on several Debian machines
> > I manage with just the standard packages (except RT
> > itself). <flame>This is not RedHat</flame>.
>
> No, very much *not* useless.  He didn't specify which version of Debian
> was was using, and therefore which version of Perl, or Apache, or any of
> the modules.  Rather than get into a potential "upgrade your OS"
> discussion, I opted to suggest a fresh build.

I think the point is that if you have to *build* things on Debian,
you're doing something *very* wrong.  Assuming that by 'build' you mean
'compile from source'.

-Robin

--
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ 	BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno