[rt-users] Mail Encoding Problem

'Pitz' Stephan Pietzko pitz at adenin.rz.uni-konstanz.de
Tue Jun 25 14:02:08 EDT 2002

Hi all,

we are using rt-2.0.13 on a OpenBSD machine with sendmail.

Till now we are satisfied with this TT-System, except with the mail
encoding in outgoing mails. We are in germany and we have some special
characters (i.e. äöüß <html>äöüß</html>). And any
text send via mail to RT or typed in in the webinterface gets corrupt
when mailed from RT.

I think the problem is the "Content-Type:"-line in the mailheader.
RT uses only "Content-Type: TEXT/PLAIN"
but it should be

Is it possible to add this charset to outgoing mails?

tnx Pitz
--
The ultimate metric that I would like to propose for user friendliness
is quite simple: