[rt-users] Customization Advice

darren chamberlain darren at boston.com
Wed Mar 6 12:33:33 EST 2002

Quoting Smylers <smylers at gbdirect.co.uk> [Mar 06, 2002 12:26]:

Take a look at <http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/2.0/AutoAssign.pm>.

>   * The installation guide counsels against creating many queues,
>     especially those for transient projects.  I think I want to ignore
>     this advice.
>
>     One of the things we do is write and maintain various documents, and
>     I'd like to use RT for tracking document issues and enhancements
>     internally.  If we use a single queue for all documents we could
>     have a keyword identifying which document it is.  But then it's hard
>     to initiate an issue by e-mail for a particular document.  Also, it
>     seems to be more effort to have people just seeing requests relating
>     to documents in which they are interested.

If you do this, and use CVS to manage your documents, you should
look into the CVS commit handler at
<http://www.fsck.com/pub/rt/contrib/2.0/rt-addons/rt-commit-handler>.

>   * I'm going to change the webpages quite a bit.  At the moment there
>     are seven tabs for a ticket.  I think that we want:
>
>       3 A printer-friendly tab with just all the information, so that
>         printing just that page gives a hard copy of absolutely
>         everything known about that ticket.  This should include contact
>         information for all requestors (assuming that it is in the RT
>         database).

No comment other than that I like this idea a lot.

It look like you have a lot of fun ahead.  Good luck!

(darren)

--
Competition is a by-product of productive work, not its goal.  A
creative man is motivated by the desire to achieve, not by the