[rt-users] httpd.conf setup.

pathway at nineinchnerds.myip.org pathway at nineinchnerds.myip.org
Fri Mar 8 20:51:23 EST 2002

Greetings. I am not currently suscribed to the list, so please CC me
directly.

I'm having a little trouble setting up my Request Tracker software. After
fighting with Perl modules for a bit, I was able to get the install
completed with no errors. Now I'm trying to setup the http.conf file so I
can use the web interface.

I'm running Mandrake 8.1 with other content. I put in the following into
my /etc/httpd/conf/httpd.conf file:

--SNIP--
## Added for Request Tracker
Alias /rt/ /usr/local/rt2/WebRT/html/
PerlRequire /usr/local/rt2/bin/webmux.pl
<Location /rt>
  SetHandler perl-script
  PerlHandler RT::Mason
</Location>
--SNIP--

I also changed the line in CONFIG.pm to point to the correct directory.

Afterwards, I attempted to restart apache, when it failed complinging about
the "PerlRequire" line.

Also, I noticed that there is a commonhttpd.conf file, and a httpd-
perl.conf file. Juggling the entries around a bit, I was able to get Apache
to start up with the snipped portion pushed between httpd-perl.conf and
commonhttpd.conf, but it would not start up.

Is there a module I'm missing? Perhaps a diffrent file I've gotta use?

Pathway