[rt-users] migrating from RT 2.0.11/PostgreSQL to RT 2.0.11/MySQL?

Bruce Campbell bruce_campbell at ripe.net
Wed Mar 13 12:57:49 EST 2002

On Wed, 13 Mar 2002, Seth Gordon wrote:

> problem?  Do I have to massage the dump file in some way to make it
> conform to MySQL syntax or to match some configuration detail in the
> other system?

General advice would be to not attempt to import the complete dump in one
sitting.  If the dump is indeed solely SQL commands, containing no
psql-specific items, go for it.

Unfortunately, neither MySQL nor PostgreSQL appear to have specific
documentation regarding migrating PostgreSQL to MySQL.  Documentation for
the other way around exists in plenty.

Regards,

                   Systems/Network Engineer                             NCC
                 www.ripe.net - PGP562C8B1B                      Operations