[rt-users] Site-specific customization of RT

Smylers smylers at gbdirect.co.uk
Fri Mar 22 11:34:06 EST 2002

Michael K Brown wrote:

> I've seen some traffic lately about the rt/local/ directory, and I'm
> wondering how it fits into the greater scheme of things.

'RT' has files stored under these directories:

  rt/WebRT/html/
  rt/lib/

Stuff under those directories will change on upgrades.

You can put things under these directories:

  rt/local/WebRT/html/
  rt/local/lib/

If a file of the same name exists in the local and non-local
directories, the local one will be used.

So for example I wanted single-value keyword selects to be drop-down
lists (rather than the big scrolling list thingies they are by default).
So I copied this file:

  rt/WebRT/html/Ticket/Elements/EditKeywordSelects

into this one:

  rt/local/WebRT/html/Ticket/Elements/EditKeywordSelects

then edited that one.  'RT' automatically uses the localized one, which
is left alone by any upgrades.

Smylers
--
GBdirect