[rt-users] RT_SUMMARY_FORMAT

Ferguson, Kevin KFerguso at chi.navtech.com
Tue Mar 26 09:48:48 EST 2002

this is from the RT Users Guide.

--summary [format-string] - Show a listing-style summary of the tickets
found. format-string is used to display particular information about a
ticket. It is made up of object specifiers whose format is %<object><width>

object may be one of:
id
queue
subject
priority
final-priority
time-worked
time-left
status
owner
requestor
created
updated
due
told

width sets the column width of each object. Thus %subject20 will display the
first 20 characters of the subject line. If format string is ommitted, rt
will use the environment variable $RT_SUMMARY_FORMAT if it is set, or an
internal default. The default as of RT version 2.0.9 is:
%id4%status4%queue7%subject40%requestor16

RT also inserts two blank spaces between each column.