[rt-users] SQL fix

Matt Disney matthew.disney at fedex.com
Thu Mar 28 08:55:37 EST 2002

I would recommend becoming familiar with mysql usage and routine
maintenance (indexes, dumps, etc...) if you are running RT. But
that doesn't help you much right now, so below I'll try and list
out the steps you can take to run the update.

Let's say you have mysql installed in the prefix /usr/local/mysql.

You would run:
 /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -u rt_db_user -p rt_db_name

... where "rt_db_user" is your RT database username and "rt_db_name"
is the database name for RT (I believe the default on that is rt2).
After you run this command, you'll be prompted for a password. You
want to enter the RT database password. You can look in your RT's
config.pm for these options. You may also need to pass the "-h"
flag along with the hostname of your mysql server. I guess I should
just say that depending on your setup, you may need additional
command line parameters to get into mysql.

After you get logged into mysql, you'll be dropped into an
interactive mysql shell. That's where you type the update statement
Jesse sent out:

   update Users set Password = '*LOCK*' where Password is null;

Type exit to quit mysql and that should do it.

Hope that helps and that I haven't mislead you at all! (I feel pretty
confident about the info above, but follow at your own risk! ;-)

Matt