[rt-users] SQL fix

Smylers smylers at gbdirect.co.uk
Thu Mar 28 09:55:38 EST 2002

Beachey, Kendric wrote:

> > From: Matt Disney [mailto:matthew.disney at fedex.com]
> >
> > After you get logged into mysql, you'll be dropped into an
> > interactive mysql shell. That's where you type the update statement
> > Jesse sent out:
> >
> >    update Users set Password = '*LOCK*' where Password is null;
>
> If your mysql setup is like mine, you'll have to do "use rt2;" first
> before you can do that update statement.  Otherwise it won't know
> which database you're talking about.

Ah, but part of Matt's instructions that you snipped include:

 /usr/local/mysql/bin/mysql -u rt_db_user -p rt_db_name

 ... where "rt_db_user" is your RT database username and "rt_db_name"
 is the database name for RT (I believe the default on that is rt2).

Because "rt2" was specified at the end of the command line, 'MySQL' will
use that database.

Smylers
--
GBdirect