[rt-users] Proper Server for RT

Derek D. Martin ddm at skillsoft.com
Tue May 7 11:27:55 EDT 2002

On Tue, May 07, 2002 at 07:53:08AM +1000, Mat wrote:
> also look at turing your database, I found that to be abuot 60% of my
> speed issues, the rest was/is bad database design,specifically the watchers
> table (sorry jesse).

Can you comment on what tuning you've done to improve your
performance?  Is it mainly indexing tables?  Does RT set up table
indexes?  If not, perhaps it should (I keep meaning to look at this,
but always get sidetracked before I get to it).

Perhaps you'd also care to comment on how the design of the database
might be improved, so that future releases can be improved (if someone
decides to look into it...)?

--
Derek Martin
Lead Network Engineer