[rt-users] Controlling email submissions

Deon George deon_george at hotmail.com
Tue May 14 13:38:02 EDT 2002

Hi,

I've done a quick look through the archives and did not find this, so I
thought I would email the list directly...

Is there a way I can enforce email ticket correspondence so that:
* All ticket correspondence (either new ticket creations or additional
correspondence to existing tickets) can only have a subject line of say 5
chars to max 60 characters (I have some users who right an essay on the
subject line, and no body in the mail),
* All ticket correspondence must have content in the body of the email (say
a minimum of 5 characters and no enforced maximum).

I would like to do one of two things when correspondence doesnt match the
above:

* Send rejection message back, saying the ticket has not created or the
correspondence has not been accepted becuase (and the reason),

* truncate the subject line, and repeat it in full in the body of the
message, (probably less harmful to users) and accept it, generating the
normal replies/actions, using the truncated subject line, etc.

Would these be easy to patch into RT? I'm currently on 2.0.8, but planning
on going to 2.0.13 when I get the chance to update it.

Thanks...