[rt-users] does RT port to NT/win2k?

Samuel Dries-Daffner sdaffner at taos.com
Tue May 14 18:35:45 EDT 2002

I have started the process of installing RT on a win2K box in the cygwin
environment. Are there MAJOR hacks required to get it running under win2k?

I am pretty close to getting the web server properly compiled as well as the
mysql implementation, but have some sneaking suspicions that there may be
issues with getting the mail notification pieces together. I'm wondering
whether there will be any issues working with Exchange.

One additional thing I am working on is a more friendly install process for
meeting all the perl mod reqs etc. Maybe its fantasy but I would like to be
able to dump a tarball into the cygwin env and run minimal commands to get
things up and running. Overall the goal is to get the RT tool installed and
usable by our NT admins so that we can establish a unified
documentation/ticket tracking effort running in either UNIX/mixed or pure-M$
environments.

Any info on the viability of this effort would be greatly appreciated.
Likewise in my efforts I find something unique or useful, I will be sure to
share it back to the group.

TIA,

Samuel

Samuel D. Daffner, Sr. Technical Consultant
TAOS, The Sys Admin Company
415.652.4187 cellular
415.253.2350 pager
415.591.4405 office