[rt-users] auto-open tickets only for new tickets?

sheeri.kritzer at tufts.edu sheeri.kritzer at tufts.edu
Fri May 17 14:32:15 EDT 2002

One of the complaints I've been getting about RT is that if you comment on a closed ticket, it re-opens it, when all you may be doing is adding information that should really be there.

Would the below "fix" work?  Basically we still want to be able to auto-create tickets via e-mail submission, and talk to RT via e-mail, but if we add information to a resolved ticket (via web or e-mail) we want the ticket to stay resolved.

-Sheeri Kritzer

---------------------

You'll want to look around line 1750 of lib/RT/Ticket.pm for the
code that handles "Ticket auto-opened on incoming correspondence".
     if (
        ($TicketAsSystem->Status ne 'open') and
        ($TicketAsSystem->Status ne 'new')
       ) {

 becomes

    if (
        ($TicketAsSystem->Status ne 'open') and
        ($TicketAsSystem->Status ne 'new') and
        ($TicketAsSystem->Status ne 'stalled')
       ) {
or possibly just
     if ($TicketAsSystem->Status eq 'resolved') {