[rt-users] Restricting non-auth user tickets

Robin Lee Powell rlpowell at digitalkingdom.org
Tue May 21 12:55:56 EDT 2002

On Tue, May 21, 2002 at 10:04:32AM -0600, Neal Barney wrote:
> One of the requirements that was given to me in finding a replacement
> for our current software, was that the new software must allow the
> problem requesters (which I'll subsequently call 'users' from here on
> out) to track their own tickets.  So far, so good.  RT supports this.
> However, the users must not be able to view any problem requests but
> their own.

Do you have a central authority that assigns tickets to people?  If so,
deny ShowTicket (and probably SeeQueue) to the Everyone psuedo-group
(under Configuration->Global->Group Rights, or
Configuration->Queues...->Group Rights), but give them to the Owner
pseudo-group.  Give pretty much everything to the central authority.

That should do it.  RT's permission system is incredibly impressive.

If you don't have a central authority, I don't know how you expect
people to take ownership of tickets they can't see.  8)

-Robin

--
http://www.digitalkingdom.org/~rlpowell/ 	BTW, I'm male, honest.
le datni cu djica le nu zifre .iku'i .oi le so'e datni cu to'e te pilno