[rt-users] Comments and Resolved tickets

Derek D. Martin ddm at skillsoft.com
Wed May 22 10:16:26 EDT 2002

On Wed, May 22, 2002 at 08:14:05AM -0400, Bolivar Geraldo wrote:
> This way when we resolve a ticket, we just add some closing information
> and the Requestor recieves them.  The problem is that when you
> "Resolve" a ticket, the information is recorded as a Comment, which the
> requestor has to permission to see.  Is there any way around this?

There are at least three ways around this, two of which don't involve
modifying code.

1. rather than click resolve, click reply, and change the status to
resolved in the reply form.

2. when clicking resolve, change the "update type" from comments to
"reply to requestors"

3.  Dig into code to change the default.  YMMV.

--
Derek Martin
Lead Network Engineer
ddm at skillsoft.com