[rt-users] RT2 and MySQL

Joshua Mandelberger josh at pwebtech.com
Wed May 22 13:36:26 EDT 2002

This is what it looks like.
+---------+---------+-----------+----------+---------+------+----------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| Id      | User    | Host      | db       | Command | Time |
State                |
Info

+---------+---------+-----------+----------+---------+------+----------------------+------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
| 4253090 | rt_user | localhost | rt2      | Sleep   | 1095
|                      |
NULL

| 4253105 | rt_user | localhost | rt2      | Query   | 188  |
Locked               | SELECT DISTINCT main.* FROM Tickets main   WHERE
((main.Status = 'open')OR(main.Status = 'new')) AND |
| 4253135 | rt_user | localhost | rt2      | Query   | 1026 |
Locked               | SELECT DISTINCT main.* FROM Tickets main   WHERE
((main.Status = 'open')OR(main.Status = 'new')) AND |
| 4253260 | rt_user | localhost | rt2      | Query   | 928  |
Locked               | SELECT DISTINCT main.* FROM Tickets main   WHERE
((main.Status = 'open')OR(main.Status = 'new')) AND |
| 4253385 | rt_user | localhost | rt2      | Query   | 495  |
Locked               | SELECT DISTINCT main.* FROM Tickets main   WHERE
((main.Status = 'new')OR(main.Status = 'open')) AND |
| 4253393 | rt_user | localhost | rt2      | Query   | 921  |
Locked               | SELECT DISTINCT main.* FROM Tickets main   WHERE
((main.Status = 'open')OR(main.Status = 'new')) AND |
| 4253417 | rt_user | localhost | rt2      | Query   | 1096 |
Locked               | SELECT DISTINCT main.* FROM Tickets main, Watchers
Watchers_1  LEFT JOIN Users as Users_2  ON  Watch |
| 4253428 | rt_user | localhost | rt2      | Query   | 1096 |
Locked               | SELECT DISTINCT main.* FROM Tickets main, Watchers
Watchers_1  LEFT JOIN Users as Users_2  ON  Watch |
| 4253989 | rt_user | localhost | rt2      | Query   | 1199 | Copying to
tmp table | SELECT DISTINCT main.* FROM Tickets main, Watchers Watchers_1,
Watchers Watchers_3  LEFT JOIN Users  |
| 4273904 | rt_user | localhost | rt2      | Query   | 718  |
Locked               | SELECT DISTINCT main.* FROM Tickets main   WHERE
((main.Status = 'open')OR(main.Status = 'new')) AND |
| 4331604 | rt_user | localhost | rt2      | Query   | 1096 |
Locked               | UPDATE Tickets SET LastUpdatedBy='4366' WHERE
id='12598'                                             |
| 4332533 | rt_user | localhost | rt2      | Query   | 1084 |
Locked               | INSERT INTO Tickets (Creator, Due, Status,
LastUpdatedBy, Resolved, Type, TimeWorked, LastUpdated, S |
| 4335019 | rt_user | localhost | rt2      | Query   | 719  |
Locked               | SELECT  * FROM Tickets WHERE id =
'12556'                                                            |
| 4336413 | rt_user | localhost | rt2      | Query   | 511  |
Locked               | INSERT INTO Tickets (Creator, Due, Status,
LastUpdatedBy, Resolved, Type, TimeWorked, LastUpdated, S |
| 4337214 | rt_user | localhost | rt2      | Query   | 397  |
Locked               | INSERT INTO Tickets (Creator, Due, Status,
LastUpdatedBy, Resolved, Type, TimeWorked, LastUpdated, S |
| 4339696 | root    | localhost | NULL     | Query   | 0    |
NULL                 | show
processlist

| 4339886 | root    | localhost | vpopmail | Sleep   |
NULL

| 4339887 | root    | localhost | vpopmail | Sleep   |
0    |                      | NULL

when I say just stays put there, I mean it continually takes 99.9% of the
CPU power of the box, or at least as much of it as it can get.

To stop it we have to restart the mysql server.

Sorry about the delayed response, the problem didn't occur again until now.

Josh