[rt-users] Installation on Cobalt RaQ XTR

Andrew Yager andrew at rwts.com.au
Wed May 22 23:20:29 EDT 2002

You could probably, and quite happily install a second version of Perl (of a
later vintage).

Just make sure that you leave the original Perl intact.

However, it is possible to get everything working without upgrading Perl.

As far as the Cpan debate - I'm using 1.5.something and I still have it want
to upgrade me to version 5.6.1 of perl... Which is fine except it's a real
no-no on a cobalt, and I can't seem to get a Makefile for perl on OS X
(nothing ever appears after the configure script runs, and it seems as
though it should work for me...)

But I've found that just control-c ing the perl install seems to work, and
then, if things refuse to install, install them manually. There was one
module for RT 2.1.13 that apparently required perl 5.6.1, but I modified the
source for one of the scripts to let it accept 5.0.1, and now RT is running
very nicely on the server.

Andrew