[rt-users] Block correspondence to web form address

Sebastian Flothow sebastian at flothow.de
Thu May 23 07:20:32 EDT 2002

At 14:22 Uhr +1200 23.5.2002, Gordon Smith wrote:
>We have a form on one of our sites where users can submit a message
>which is then forwarded to our helpdesk. What I'm trying to do is
>migrate them onto RT, but I've been unable to find out how I stp RT from
>sending a reply to the web server...

Create an alias which forwards mail to /dev/null, then have the web
form use this as sender address. You should create this alias on the
machine running RT, so that the autoreplies don't travel across the
network.

Or, have the users enter their address in the form und use this as
the sender. That way, they will receive the autoreply, and replying
via RT is actually useful.

--
Sebastian Flothow
sebastian at flothow.de