[rt-users] Customer/Client DB backend

Harald Wagener hwagener at hamburg.fcb.com
Fri May 24 05:00:56 EDT 2002

Darren Nickerson wrote:

>   Michele> QUESTION:  We will be configuring RT soon, as I have not read
>   Michele> anywhere that a customer/client DB backend it a module of RT.  It
>   Michele> would be helpful in our situation to have platform, OS level,
>   Michele> software version, etc. per client to expedite resolutions.
>
> That would be soooooo incredibly useful! We'd love to see support contract
> details in there as well.
>
> I suppose that's what all the external auth hooks are for, so that you can plug
> into an existing database . . . you may well find the veteral RTers telling you
> to "roll your own".

Basically, You'd not use the external auth hooks. But I think You meant the RT
Linking Interface mentioned at the end of the config.pm. I am not a veteran,
but still: Have a look at that, and the 'roll Your own'. If You've succeeded,
a small how to and success story would be welcome (^:

Regards,
	Harald

--
Harald Wagener*An der Alster 42*20099 Hamburg*http://www.fcb-wilkens.com